Reheating leftover stromboli can sometimes result in a doughy, soggy mess. Follow this guide to restore your stromboli to its original glory using the microwave, oven, stove or air fryer. With a few simple steps, you’ll have piping hot, crispy, delicious stromboli once again.
The microwave provides a quick and easy way to reheat stromboli.
- Place the stromboli on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on HIGH power in 30 second intervals until heated through, usually 1-2 minutes total depending on thickness.
- Check temperature and continue microwaving if needed.
- Let sit 1-2 minutes before eating to allow heat to evenly distribute.
The microwave can make the dough a bit rubbery, so keep an eye on it and don’t overcook. Microwaving is best for single servings.
The oven allows you to reheat stromboli slowly to crisp up the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place stromboli directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet.
- Warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes until hot and crispy.
- If needed, turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes to recrisp the top.
- Let cool slightly before eating, as the filling will be very hot.
This technique works well for reheating whole stromboli or multiple servings.
You can also reheat stromboli on the stovetop using a skillet.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium heat.
- Add the stromboli and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until warmed through and crispy.
- Slice and serve.
The skillet allows you to reheat a single serving of stromboli while crisping up the dough nicely.
Air Fryer Method
An air fryer is the perfect way to make stromboli crispy again.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350°F.
- Place stromboli in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 4-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Check frequently to avoid overcooking the dough.
- Serve immediately for warm, crispy results.
The air fryer will give you an evenly crisped stromboli in just minutes. It’s great for reheating a single serving.
Tips for the Best Results
- Slice the stromboli before reheating for quicker, more even heating.
- Reheat any sauce or dipping oils separately to avoid a soggy bottom.
- Leftover baked stromboli reheats better than freshly made.
- Double check internal temperature using a food thermometer.
- Frozen stromboli takes longer to reheat fully – increase cook times.
- Watch carefully to avoid overcooking, which dries out the dough.
- Let sit 1-2 minutes after reheating so filling can cool slightly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you reheat a frozen stromboli?
The best way is to bake a frozen stromboli in the oven at 375°F for 18-25 minutes until hot and crispy, increasing time for larger sizes. Microwaving is not recommended.
Can you reheat stromboli in the air fryer?
Yes, air frying is an excellent way to reheat stromboli! Cook at 350°F for 4-8 minutes, flipping halfway. The air fryer will recrisp the dough perfectly.
What is the best way to reheat a cold stromboli?
For a cold stromboli, use the oven method. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and crispy on top. The slow heat redistributes moisture nicely.
How do you keep the dough from getting soggy when reheating stromboli?
- Use a method like the oven or air fryer that recrisps the dough.
- Don’t use the microwave, which makes dough soggy.
- Let cool slightly before eating so excess moisture can reabsorb.
What is the best way to reheat a baked stromboli?
The oven is ideal for reheating a previously baked stromboli. Preheat to 350°F and warm for 10-15 minutes until hot and crispy. The oven evenly redistributes moisture.
How long does it take to reheat a stromboli in the oven?
Plan on 10-15 minutes in a 350°F oven to fully reheat and crisp up a stromboli. Larger sizes or frozen stromboli may take slightly longer. Check frequently to avoid drying it out.
Can you reheat stromboli on the grill?
Yes, you can reheat stromboli on a grill! Place it over indirect heat and close the lid to warm through, 5-10 minutes. Avoid direct heat which could burn the dough before the middle is hot.
Is it safe to reheat stromboli more than once?
It’s best to only reheat cooked stromboli once for food safety. Refrigerate leftovers promptly and reheat within 3-4 days. Reheating twice allows harmful bacteria to grow.
Should you reheat the sauces and dips for stromboli too?
Yes, any sauce or dipping oil served with stromboli should be reheated before serving. Baking them alongside the stromboli in the oven works well. Never reheat sauces in the microwave.
How can you reheat stromboli without getting the dough soggy?
Using dry heat methods like the oven, air fryer or lightly greased skillet are best for avoiding a soggy bottom crust when reheating stromboli. Microwaving tends to make the dough rubbery and soggy.
Reheating Inspiration: 3 Delicious Stromboli Recipes
1. Classic Pepperoni Stromboli
- Pizza dough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni
- Pizza sauce for dipping
2. Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli
- Flour tortilla
- Cooked chicken, bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing for dipping
3. Breakfast Sausage Stromboli
- Crescent roll dough
- Cooked breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Panasonic NN-SN966S – 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
- Toshiba EM131A5C-BS – 1.2 Cu. ft. 1100W Microwave Oven
- Breville Quick Touch BMO735XL – 1.1 cu. ft. 1100W Sensor IQ Microwave
- GE JES1657SMSS – 1.6 cu. ft. 1000W Microwave Oven
- Sharp SMC1453CH – 1.4 cu. ft. 1100W Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- GE JB655SKSS – 30″ Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Convection Range
- Bosch Benchmark BO530NSM – Electric Single Oven with European Convection
- LG LDE4415ST – 30″ Electric Double Wall Oven with Multi-Air Flow
- Frigidaire FFET3025PS – 30″ Electric Double Wall Oven
- Whirlpool WOS31ES7JS – 30″ Electric Single Wall Oven with Air Fry
- Cosori CO130-AO – 5.8qt XL 1500W Electric Air Fryer Oven
- Ninja AF101 – 4qt 1000W Air Fryer
- Instant Vortex Pro – 10qt EvenCrisp Technology Air Fryer
- Philips Avance XXL Digital Turbostar – 3lb/6qt Capacity Airfryer
- GoWISE USA GW44800-O – 12.7qt 10-in-1 Electric Air Fryer
- All-Clad 12″ Stainless Steel Fry Pan
- Lodge Cast Iron 12″ Skillet
- Calphalon Signature Hard-Anodized Everyday Pan
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized Skillet
- Tramontina 12″ Restaurant Fry Pan
With the proper reheating technique, leftover stromboli can taste just as amazing as the day it was made. Crisp up that dough and enjoy every last bite!