Rotisserie chicken is a delicious and convenient meal option. The juicy, tender meat is full of flavor straight from the rotisserie oven. However, you may have leftovers that need reheating. Properly reheating rotisserie chicken ensures it stays moist and flavorful. This article will provide tips for reheating rotisserie chicken using the oven, microwave, or stovetop.
Reheating Rotisserie Chicken in the Oven
The oven allows you to evenly reheat rotisserie chicken without drying it out. Follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken pieces or whole chicken in an oven-safe dish. You can leave it in the container from the grocery store.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. The foil traps in moisture and promotes even heating.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through. The time depends on the amount you are reheating.
- Check temperature using a food thermometer. Chicken should reach 165°F.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving for juicier meat.
The oven provides gentle, ambient heat to bring out the flavors of the seasoned rotisserie chicken. The covered dish keeps the reheated meat nice and moist.
Reheating Frozen Rotisserie Chicken
For leftover rotisserie chicken stored in the freezer, follow these reheating steps:
- Thaw chicken overnight in the refrigerator or use the defrost setting on the microwave.
- Once thawed, place chicken pieces or whole chicken in an oven-safe dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes until heated through to 165°F.
- Let rest 5 minutes before uncovering and serving.
Frozen rotisserie chicken takes longer to reheat than refrigerated. Make sure chicken is fully thawed before reheating for food safety. The oven evenly reheats the meat without overcooking the exterior.
Reheating Rotisserie Chicken in the Microwave
The microwave provides a quick method for reheating rotisserie chicken. Follow these tips:
- Place chicken pieces or slices in a microwave-safe dish. Do not use any metal containers.
- Cover the dish with a paper towel or vented plastic wrap. This prevents splattering.
- Microwave on High in 30 second intervals until heated through, checking temperature with a food thermometer.
- Allow to rest 2 minutes before serving.
- Note that microwaved chicken may be less evenly heated and prone to drying out. Only reheat small portions to avoid overcooking.
The microwave can quickly reheat rotisserie chicken when you’re short on time. Just be careful not to overcook the meat.
Reheating on the Stovetop
You can also reheat rotisserie chicken on the stovetop:
- Choose a skillet or saucepan that can fit all the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Add a bit of chicken broth, white wine, or water to the pan. This provides moisture as the chicken reheats.
- Warm the pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning pieces occasionally until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken to keep it moist.
- Check internal temperature, removing pieces once they reach 165°F.
The stovetop allows you to reheat and lightly crisp the chicken skin. Pay attention so the exterior doesn’t burn. The small amount of liquid creates a fast, flavorful reheating method.
Q: How long does reheated rotisserie chicken last in the fridge?
A: Properly stored, reheated rotisserie chicken will last 3-4 days refrigerated. Be sure to reheat it to 165°F before storing.
Q: Can you reheat rotisserie chicken more than once?
A: It’s best to only reheat rotisserie chicken once. Reheating more than once increases the risk of bacterial growth.
Q: What’s the best way to reheat a whole rotisserie chicken?
A: To evenly reheat an entire rotisserie chicken, place it on a sheet pan or casserole dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes until heated through.
- Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after reheating for juicier meat.
- Add chicken broth or sauce while reheating to prevent dryness.
- Use leftover chicken within 3-4 days and don’t reheat more than once.
- Slice or shred chicken before reheating for faster, more even results.
- Reheating smaller portions reduces the risk of overcooking.
Here are some recommended oven and air fryer models that work well for reheating rotisserie chicken:
Here are some recommended oven,air fryer, microware models that work well for reheating rotisserie chicken:
- GE JT5000SFSS – This 30-inch electric oven has convection capabilities for quick, even heating. The temperature probe helps ensure chicken reaches 165°F.
- LG LDE4415ST – This double oven allows you to reheat the chicken in one oven while using the other for additional cooking. It has a fast preheat and accurate temperature control.
- Bosch HGI8054UC – The convection and steam functions in this oven help keep rotisserie chicken moist during reheating. It fits a large 26-pound turkey.
- Whirlpool WOS31ES0JS – This affordable oven has a steam clean option to make cleaning easy. The convection mode provides fast, even reheating.
- Ninja AF101 – The 4-quart capacity fits up to 2 pounds of chicken. The wide temperature range (105°F-400°F) allows gentler reheating.
- Cosori CP158-AF – Presets for poultry, frozen foods, and keep warm make reheating chicken easy. The non-stick basket is dishwasher safe.
- Philips Premium XXL HD9652/96 – The large capacity fits a whole chicken or up to 4 pounds of pieces. TurboStar technology reheats quickly and evenly.
- Instant Vortex Plus – Rotisserie and reheat functions are ideal for reheating rotisserie chicken. The clear window allows monitoring.
- Panasonic NN-SN936B – This 2.2 cubic foot microwave has a CrispReheat feature that helps keep chicken crispy. The Inverter technology prevents cold spots.
- Toshiba EM131A5C-BS – The smart sensor adjusts cooking time and power level to prevent overcooking. There are express cook buttons for quick reheating.
- Breville Quick Touch BMO734XL – This has a rotating glass turntable and 10 power levels for precise control. The stainless steel exterior looks sleek.
- GE JES1097SMSS – The optional scan-to-cook feature lets you scan package barcodes to automatically determine reheating times. It fits a 15-inch pizza.
- Sharp R1874T 850W – This .9 cubic foot microwave is compact while still fitting a 10-inch dinner plate. The +30 sec button makes it easy to add time.
- LG NeoChef LMC1575BD – The EasyClean coating prevents splatters and makes cleanup simple. It has a mute function for quiet operation.
Properly reheated rotisserie chicken stays juicy and full of flavor. Use the oven, microwave, or stovetop to reheat refrigerated or frozen rotisserie chicken. Check internal temperature to ensure food safety. With these simple tips, your leftover rotisserie chicken will taste freshly roasted. Enjoy this versatile reheated chicken in sandwiches, salads, wraps, and more.