Cinnamon rolls are a delicious and comforting breakfast treat. When enjoying leftover cinnamon rolls, proper reheating is important to make sure they come out tasting fresh and delicious. Here are tips for reheating cinnamon rolls using the microwave, oven, and air fryer.
Reheating Cinnamon Rolls in the Microwave
The microwave provides a quick and convenient way to reheat cinnamon rolls.
- Unwrap frozen cinnamon rolls and place on a microwave-safe plate. Cinnamon rolls with icing should be placed icing-side up.
- Microwave frozen cinnamon rolls for 15-20 seconds to soften the icing. This prevents the icing from getting too hard in the microwave.
- Microwave the cinnamon rolls for 30-45 seconds at a time until heated through. Check and flip the rolls halfway through.
- For cinnamon rolls with icing, continue microwaving for 20-30 seconds at a time, checking frequently, until the icing is warm and melted.
- Let the cinnamon rolls stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. The resting time allows the heat to evenly distribute.
- Avoid microwaving the cinnamon rolls for too long as this can make the dough chewy or hard.
Reheating Cinnamon Rolls in the Oven
The oven allows you to reheat cinnamon rolls gently and evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the frozen cinnamon rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with butter or oil.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the foil and bake for 2-3 more minutes to crisp the outside.
- For iced rolls, bake until the icing is warm and melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm.
Reheating Cinnamon Rolls in an Air Fryer
An air fryer is great for reheating cinnamon rolls to crispy perfection.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 300°F.
- Place the frozen cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd.
- Air fry for 4-6 minutes, checking frequently, until the rolls are heated through.
- For iced rolls, air fry for 1-2 more minutes until the icing melts.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool slightly before serving.
Tips for Reheating Cinnamon Rolls
- Always reheat cinnamon rolls to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Do not microwave icing for too long as it can make the sugar spatter.
- Wrapping the rolls in a damp paper towel while microwaving can help restore moisture.
- When reheating in the oven or air fryer, cover with foil to prevent drying out.
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls will need a few extra minutes to reheat.
- Stale cinnamon rolls can be revived by heating with a little milk or cream.
- When reheating iced cinnamon rolls in the microwave, heat the rolls icing-side up and microwave in short increments to prevent the icing from overheating or becoming tough.
Q: How do I reheat cinnamon rolls in the microwave?
A: To reheat cinnamon rolls in the microwave, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time until warmed through. This helps restore moisture and prevents them from drying out. For iced rolls, microwave for 10-15 seconds first to soften the icing before continuing to reheat. Let the rolls stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Take care not to overheat or the dough can become chewy.
Q: What is the best way to reheat cinnamon rolls and keep them soft?
A: The oven is the best way to gently reheat cinnamon rolls and keep them soft and pillowy. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil. Heat for 10-15 minutes until warmed through then uncover and bake for 2-3 more minutes to recrisp the outside. The foil cover prevents drying out.
Q: How do you use an air fryer to reheat cinnamon rolls?
A: An air fryer can give cinnamon rolls a quick crispy reheating. Pre-heat the air fryer to 300°F and place the rolls in the basket in a single layer. Air fry for 4-6 minutes, checking often, until heated through. For iced rolls, cook 1-2 minutes more until the icing softens. Let cool slightly before eating.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 6-8 leftover cinnamon rolls, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Maple syrup or icing from cinnamon rolls
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish. Arrange the cut up cinnamon rolls evenly in the dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes until set.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or icing from cinnamon rolls drizzled on top.
Skillet Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 leftover cinnamon rolls, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cut cinnamon rolls and nuts to skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping once, until rolls are toasted.
- Serve warm topped with any extra icing.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 4 leftover cinnamon rolls, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Beat together egg and milk in a bowl. Dip cinnamon roll pieces in egg mixture then pecans.
- Place coated pieces in air fryer basket sprayed with oil.
- Air fry at 340°F for 6-8 minutes until crispy.
- Drizzle with icing if desired.
Here are some specific recommendations for reheating cinnamon rolls:
- Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor (1.2 Cu.ft)
- Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S with Inverter Technology (1.2 Cu. ft)
- LG NeoChefTM Countertop Microwave Oven with EasyClean® Interior (1.5 Cu. ft)
- Breville Quick Touch BMO734XL 1800W Microwave (1.7 Cu. ft)
- GE JES1656SRSS Microwave Oven (1.6 Cu. ft)
- GE JTS5000SNSS 30″ Single Electric Wall Oven
- LG LDE4415ST Double Electric Wall Oven
- Bosch Benchmark Series BOV5301UC Single Electric Wall Oven
- Cafe CV977SMPSS 30 Inch Single Electric Wall Oven
- Whirlpool WOS31ES7JS Single Electric Wall Oven
- Cosori Dual Blaze Smart Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Dual Zone Air Fryer
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven
- Philips Premium Airfryer XXL
- Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie
With the right technique, you can easily reheat delicious cinnamon rolls using items you already have in your kitchen. Now you can enjoy the convenience of ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls without sacrificing taste or texture.